As we may all know, Apple released the iPhone 12 in late 2020 which brought the new Magsafe magnetic technology. This makes the iPhone 12 series phones kind of exclusive from most other smartphones, including earlier iPhone models.
A lot of critics first saw the Magsafe magnet concept as a waste, after seeing the Magsafe wallet and Belkin’s Magsafe car holder. But with the new trend of Magsafe battery packs, people have realized that Magsafe is more useful than they first thought.
What is a Magsafe Power Bank
A Magsafe power bank is a power bank designed to magnetically charge iPhone 12 series phones using the Magsafe wireless charging capabilities. Because the iPhone 12 has an internal magnet, the power bank sticks to the phone easily.
Magsafe for Android
Many Android users who are interested in this whole Magsafe concept of Magsafe would like to go try it out for themselves, especially the Magsafe battery pack. This applies not only to Android users but also to people using older iPhone models such as iPhone 11, iPhone X, and iPhone 8.
Android phones don’t have internal magnets behind them that will help carry Magsafe gadgets (except in rare cases as with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra). So this allows creative 3rd party sellers to come up with an alternative. And so came external magnetic plates.
What is a Magnetic Plate
Magnetic plates or stickers are magnets that you stick to the back of your smartphone to help enable magnetic gadgets to clasp onto it. Some people stick the magnetic plate on the back of their phone case while most stick it in between their phone and phone case. Currently, magnetic plates are wildly used for mobile phone car mounts. But with the rise of the magsafe battery pack, more people are going to adopt using magnetic plates with magnetic battery packs.
The PRO 10,000 mAh Magsafe Battery Pack by LuxandLuxy
The 10,000 mAh PRO Battery Pack by Lux and Luxy comes with a Magnetic Plate that helps it hold on to Android phones magnetically while it charges. This power bank delivers a 15-watt wireless charging capability.
The PRO battery pack has Magsafe magnetism, this means that an iPhone 12 series user will not need any external magnetic plate when buying. But Android users and older iPhone users will need this magnetic plate. Also, the battery pack can be used with or without a phone case.
The PRO battery pack will attach to your phone firmly when using a thin phone case, but may not attach when using an extremely thick phone case.
List of Android Phones that work with the PRO Battery Pack
Just to mention some non-iPhone 12 phones that will wirelessly charge with the Magsafe Battery Pack. First of all, the iPhone 11 series, iPhone X series, and iPhone 8 series are all compatible.
- Among Samsung phones includes; Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy S10 range, Samsung Galaxy S20 models, Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and Samsung Galaxy Note 20 range, Samsung Galaxy S21, Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
- Google includes; Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 4 XL, Google Pixel 5, Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 5, and Google Nexus 6.
- LG includes; LG G2, LG G3, LG G6, LG G6 Plus, LG G7, LG G7 ThinQ, LG Lucid 2, LG Lucid 3, LG Optimus F5, LG Optimus G Pro, LG Optimus It L-05E, LG Spectrum 2, LG Vu 2, LG Vu 3, LG V30, LG V30 Plus, LG V40 ThinQ, LG V50 ThinQ, LG V60 ThinQ.
- HTC includes; HTC Droid DNA and HTC Windows Phone 8X.
- For Sony includes; Sony Xperia Z3V, Sony Xperia Z4V, Sony Xperia XZ2, Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium, and Sony Xperia XZ3.
- For Xiaomi includes; Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, Xiaomi Mi MIX 3, Xiaomi Mi 9, Xiaomi Mi,10, and Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro.
- Motorola includes; Motorola Droid Maxx, Motorola Droid Mini, Motorola Droid Turbo, Motorola Droid Turbo 2, Motorola Moto Maxx, Motorola Moto X Force, and Motorola Edge+.
- Huawei includes; Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design, Huawei P30 Pro, Huawei Mate 30, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, and Huawei P40 Pro.
Not all supported phones can be mentioned on this list as new phones from different brands are released every month. Many more Android-compatible phones include; OnePlus 8 Pro, ZTE Telstra Tough Max, ZTE Axon 9 Pro, Philips X723, HP Elite X3, and Asus PadFone S.
Why you need a wireless power bank
Magnetic battery packs like the PRO battery pack eliminate the need for wires. This would grab the attention of people who like minimalism and keeping things organized. Hikers, Campers, Backpackers, and other outdoor enthusiasts would also find magnetic battery packs useful. It comes in handy when engaging in activities like mountain biking, Hunting, Trail Running, Cycling, Recreational fishing, and Skating.
Aside from people doing activities, anyone with a busy day eventually ends up plugged into a wall by the evening or nighttime. With a wireless power bank, this never needs to happen again. Charging while walking will become a thing. Once most people start using magnetic battery packs, it would become common to see people walking and charging their phones at the same. People currently don’t walk and charge with cables because the cord could become faulty due to the excess movement. And also because it looks weird walking around with a cable wire attached to you.
The Future of Wireless Power Banks
The most common issue people have with their phones is battery drain. With a product like the PRO battery pack expanding from Apple phones to Android phones, this will help solve worldwide battery issues that people face. Wireless charging Power banks are a step towards a future of fully sustainable energy. As technology advances, people will be able to store more power in smaller devices. The wide adoption of magnetic battery packs across all devices will also lead to more innovation from the phone makers. Soon we should be expecting the rise of air charging power banks. These are power banks that will be able to charge your phone without making contact with it. Air charging will be the true wireless charging because it is contactless. The future of portable energy is exciting.